Thursday, November 23, 2017

So Much To Be Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving future readers!

I'm getting ready to help my mom make egg nog French toast so we can eat while we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! YAY!

But yesterday, I was sitting in my room, reading one of my diaries I keep for this time capsule, and thinking about some other groovy Thanksgiving holidays I've celebrated.





Like I remember right after I had the idea to start this time capsule, we had a special Thanksgiving assembly at school. Our class drew giant pictures about what we were thankful for, and on the other side were the letters that spelled THANKS. I was thankful for such an outta site teacher like Miss LaSalle.








Then there was the year that Kim first moved into the neighborhood and I invited some of my friends to have dinner with us.








Oh! And I remember the year that our school had that big "What I'm Thankful For" contest. We all wrote compositions, and the best 2 were gonna be published in the newspaper. Kim and I had gotten together to work on our papers, but we didn't win. Crissy and April won and there was a big assembly at school.









Even though I didn't win, I was still happy for my friends!






Oh yeah, and last year when some of us went to Susan's house for dinner. It was so much fun!







I guess what it all comes down to is that I really have a lot of things to be thankful for; all my friends, my school, my mom, even my goofy dog! I'm also thankful that I live in a nice house, I get enough to eat every day, and have nice clothes to wear. I know there are so many people who don't have any of those things. I wish that one day, everyone all over the world would have all the good things I do, and never know what it's like to be hungry or sick or homeless on Thanksgiving.



Have a super Thanksgiving future readers!
Until next time, your friend,
Julie Newman

9 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Julie. Did you enjoy the parade? The future still has the parade (this year was the 91st one!). What's your favorite part? Mine are the Broadway shows and the all the floats.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Morgan from the TN Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgan,

      I'm glad they still show the parade in the future. I like the Tom Turkey balloon, Underdog, and of course seeing Santa Claus at the end. That means it's the beginning of the Christmas season! Outta site!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving from The Savage Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I remember all of these time capsule entries. That means we have been friends longer than I realized.
    Your future friend,
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Fawn, I guess we have. I'm thankful to have you and the rest of the West Virginia gang as my friends!

      Delete
  4. We all have so much to be thankful for. Loved looking back on previous Thanksgivings that you have celebrated with your friends. And I agree with you, the best part of the Macy's parade is Santa Claus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Flo. I hope your Thanksgiving was happy!

      Delete
  5. Happy belated thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful for here in southeastern Pennsylvania. This was great looking back at your past thanksgivings. I hope you enjoyed watching the parade, we did.
    ~The Tea Time gang

    ReplyDelete