Friday, June 14, 2013

The Baton Club Performance

Hello future readers!

Yesterday was the last assembly of the school year. That means our Baton Club was going to perform! I've never been so nervous in my life! I got up early to get all my things together before school.


This is part of the costume we get to wear. Isn't it outta site? I just love it!



We were all so excited backstage! The butterflies in my stomach had turned into bats! Then Mrs. Taylor announced us and we went onstage.



My mom was out in the audience taking picture, and all of the kids were cheering. We started with "Dancing Machine" by The Jackson 5 first.





"Boogie Fever" by The Sylvers was next. This was the easy one.







We did it! We were dynamite (if I do say so myself!)! No one tripped over their feet, no one dropped their batons, and the record didn't skip! I was glad I didn't have to be nervous anymore. My mom was so proud of me! After assembly, she gave me a big hug and told me we'd have a special dessert tonight to celebrate. All right!



Well, we get out of school next week. So next time you hear from me, it'll be summer vacation! YAY!

Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

4 comments:

  1. Groovy! I'm sure you were awesome! Your costumes are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outta site! You guys did awesome!
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how all of ya'll were matching! So cute!~Claire

    ReplyDelete