Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Lazy Days Of Summer

Hello future readers,

You know, one of the great things about summer is that most of the time, you really don't have to do anything except relax and have fun. Today was one of those easy going type of groovy days. It was warm and breezy, the perfect summer day. Susan, Raychel and Jennifer all came over to hang out with me. We all walked down to the corner store to get something cool.  Jennifer and I got Creamsicles, and Susan and Raychel got Bomb Pops. We decided to go back to my house to eat them. I brought my tape player out on the front steps, and we listened to The DeFranco Family and ate our popsicles.


Raychel asked if she could use my jump rope. She wanted to teach us a new jumping song she learned called "Eevy, Ivy, Over".


Raychel's really good at jump rope. We were all laughing because "Eevy, Ivy, Over" is a jumping song about school, and none of us want to think about school in the summertime! Susan brought out her jacks, and she and Jennifer and I played.


I'm O.K. at jacks, but I'm not as good as Susan. She got up to "three-sies".  I can never get past "two-sies". Do kids still play jacks in the future?


Anyway, we all had a lot of fun. I'm really glad Susan and Raychel came back to Springfield for the summer.  I know I have a lot of friends around here, but somehow, it just doesn't seem right without them around. We played and talked and listened to tapes until it was time to go inside for dinner. Isn't summertime outta site?

Until next time future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Kids don't play jacks that much in the future, which stinks. When I was younger, I got a set of jacks, and my mom taught me how to play. It's such a fun game, isn't it? Too bad it went out of style.
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? No one likes jacks anymore? That's a bummer. It's a really fun game you can play most anytime, because it's so small, you can just carry it with you. Susan got her jacks at the airport. They came in a mini airline bag. She lost the bag, but she still has the jacks!

      Delete