Saturday, December 14, 2013

Making out my Christmas list

Hello future readers!

Yesterday, my mom said we were going to the Springfield Shopping Center this week to do some more Christmas shopping, and if I wanted to see Santa, I'd better make out my list to give to him. So I sat down in the kitchen with some chocolate chip cookies, hot cocoa, along with a pencil and paper and thought about what I wanted.





I wrote the first thing that popped into my head...a new radio. Oh, not the big kind that's on a stereo, just a little portable one. I know I already have a record player and a tape recorder,  but I just want a little radio that I can put in the basket of my bicycle to take along with me. I took a bite of a cookie, and thought some more.



A couple of days ago, Robyn brought a Christmas Wish Book catalog to school. My mom won't let me keep a catalog, because she's afraid I'll bug her too much for stuff I might want. She says it's bad enough that every other commercial on television is a toy commercial lately, and that I'm always dropping little hints every time one of them comes on. I really don't want everything I see on T.V., but I kinda wish out loud a lot. Anyway, I saw some really groovy pants in Robyn's catalog that I really liked. So that's what I wrote next on my list. They don't have to be the exact same pants, but I do want something colorful, super cool, and well...groovy. *giggle*



The last thing I wrote down was a View-Master. In case you don't know what that is, it's almost like a little camera that you can put picture reels in to see 3D type pictures, almost like you could reach out and touch them! They have all sorts of reels of stories, TV shows, movies, nature, and places around the world! Almost like being able to see a movie or a favorite show whenever you wanted, even if it's isn't on! Or even visit other countries without leaving your house! Lisa has one of these, and it's really far out!

I guess that's really all I want this Christmas. I was gonna ask for a doll, but I've gotten a doll the last 2 Christmases, and I also have Barbies and a couple of dolls from other countries, so I really don't think I need another one yet...but maybe next year.


I know some kids have a really long list of things they wanna ask Santa for. But my mom says it's not nice to be greedy. If I ask for just a few things, that means that maybe I'll be surprised by something I didn't even know I wanted! Since I love surprises, I'm keeping my list short.

I wonder what Christmas is like in the future? Does anyone even go shopping then, or do you just punch some buttons on a computer and it gives you what you want? I hope there is still Christmas in the future. It's my most favorite holiday, and one of the best things about being a kid, and being part of a family, (even a family as little as mine!)

Until next time , future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

4 comments:

  1. They don't do the Christmas wish book anymore in the future, it makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's too bad. I really love looking at all the groovy stuff! (even if I can't keep a catalog!)

      Delete
  2. There's still shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to know. I love going shopping with my mom, especially at Christmas! All the decorations in the windows are really groovy, and lots of stores have Christmas Carols playing. I like to sing while we shop!

      Delete