Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dinner's at Lisa's House

Hello future readers!

This past Wednesday, Lisa invited me to her house for dinner. So after school, I walked over to her house. Lisa's family lives with her grandmother. They came here from Florida a few years ago to take of her when she was sick. Even though her grandmother is all better now, Lisa's family still lives with her because she's pretty old and can't take care of her house all by herself. Lisa's parents use the guest room and Lisa has the den for her bedroom.


It's such a cozy room. There's a fold out bed that looks like a chair, and a record player that looks a lot like mine! But the best part is that because her room is in the den, she has a television and a telephone in her room! She's so lucky! Another thing that I really like is that there's a picture on the wall of the 2 of us at the beach last summer. What a groovy friend!


Lisa got out her Booby Trap game. It's really fun. There's a bar held on with a rubber band on the game board. You have to pull the pieces out one at a time. But you have to be careful not to pull the wrong piece out, or they all go flying! I lost, but I still had fun.



Then Mrs. Lawrence called us for dinner. And what a dinner! Steak, baked potatoes, and carrots in brown sugar and butter sauce. Yummy! It was a great meal!





Then we had pumpkin pie for dessert. Lisa's mom made it from the pumpkin Lisa got from the pumpkin patch for Hallloween. Outta site!


After dinner, we went back to Lisa's room to watch television. A rerun of "I Dream Of Jeannie" was on. I love that show. Jeannie is so pretty. But I can't stand Dr. Bellows. He's so nosy!


We were just about to play some records, when my mom called.  She said it was time for me to come home, because it was a school night, and I still had homework to do.  Darn it!


It was fun at Lisa's house. I'm glad she invited me over. I love going to my friend's houses. It's really cool tasting other moms' cooking, playing with my friends' toys, watching other TV programs. It's just as much fun to have friends come to my house.  Maybe in the future, you have friends on other planets, and have to use a TV monitor to see them. That might be fun, but I'd miss walking over to my friends' house, seeing if they can come out and play, and maybe staying for dinner. I hope anyone reading this still has good friends in the future. Life would be a drag without them.

Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

13 comments:

  1. Her bedroom/den makes me think of the den in the Brady Bunch with all the paneling! You will be happy to know that you still can visit your friends easily in the future too. It is fun to go to other peoples homes for dinner, kind of like going to a restaurant without spending any money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lisa's room does sorta remind me of the Brady Bunch family room. And it's good you can visit friends in the future. My friends' moms are all such good cooks! I love how the food tastes different from my mom's. It IS kinda like going out to dinner!

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie,
    I have that same telephone and still use it in my sewing room 40+ years in the future! Although earth has astronauts living in space stations in low earth orbit it still does not have people living on the moon or other planets. Kids still walk to their friend's homes to play and still have to be home early on a school night to do homework and get plenty of rest for the next day. BTW, your dinner looked yummy!
    Your future friend,
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? No one lives on other planets? Wow...I thought it would kinda be like "Lost In Space" where families would be sent to other planets or space stations to live. And I didn't know there were still telephones in the future! I thought you'd have TV monitors like on "The Jetsons". I guess I watch too much television. But it's nice to know that people can still visit their friends, and kids still do homework, (OK, well, maybe not the homework part! *giggle* ), but at least some things will be the same.

      Delete
  3. Hi Julie. Just a few people live on a space station in the future. We can also "visit" friends using Skype. It's kinda like the Jetsons, using a computer screen to view our friends. A computer is kinda like a typewriter that another person gets the letter that you typed on their computer. It's complicated to explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...you mean I was right? Something is kinda like The Jetsons? Far out! But I thought computers talk like on "Star Trek". I told you I watch a lot of television!. Stuff in the future does seem kinda weird to me, but kinda exciting, too. I guess I'll know all about it when I'm a grown-up.

      Delete
    2. My Dad still watch's Star trek. But I think it's creapy. so I don't watch it.

      Delete
  4. I have about maybe 90-80 Friends. We don't live on other parents thou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Huh? What's that?

      *From Julie's doll mom:*

      Star Wars came out in 1977, and it's only 1975 for Julie and her friends so she doesn't know what that is.

      Delete
    2. Sorry I didn't know that it hasn't came out yet in your time period. but It is awesome. In this Series People do live on different planets & there are different species. There's these people Called Jedi & siths. Maybe you should just ask your mom bout it. I bet Jason & Danny would really like it. So far there are 6 but there making a number 7 but one of the actors broke there arm ON SET. but the thing is The are like TWO HOURS LONG. Far out Right.

      Delete
    3. I'll come out when you Eleven. Hey I just rhymed. I'm a poet & i know it.

      Delete
  6. Her tv sorta Reminds me of a Lunchbox but in a bigger version & My camra.

    ReplyDelete