Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jason's Halloween Party

Hello future readers!

Happy Halloween! Since this is such a groovy holiday, and there was so much happening, this is another entry that's just gonna be loaded with pictures! I just love pictures, don't you?

Anyway, school was super fun! Our class had a party of course, and the school had us march around in our costumes. We also had a special assembly and got to watch a movie, Disney's "Sleepy Hollow". And the Spook House was set up behind the school, just like last year. But this year, after we all went Trick-or-Treating, we went to Jason's party. Jason and his dad set out all kinds of goodies.






There were caramel apples, popcorn balls, licorice whips, lollipops, cookies, hot dogs and lemon-lime punch. (Jason called it swamp juice!) Mr. Gerard let Jason borrow his record player so we could have groovy music to dance to and listen to scary stories.











Man, did we ever have a ball! We ate, and danced and played games. We played a ring toss game with a giant witch's hat and bobbed for apples.





It was really far out. Mr. Gerard is such a groovy dad. I think he kinda wants to make up for all the hard times Jason's mom put him through. But he was having just as much fun as us kids. And as I expected, he loved that I dressed as Batgirl, and Jason was Batman, so of course he had to take our picture.


Jason was trying to look all heroic and pretended to flex his muscles. What a ham! Then Jason announced that he and Danny had set up a graveyard in his backyard and anyone who wanted to come out see it should follow him outside.


Susan really doesn't like scary stuff, so she said she wanted to stay inside. Since we had to go in groups, (because Jason's yard isn't very big), Danny said he would hang out with her until he led the next group.


Crissy isn't really into the scary stuff either, so she offered to keep Susan company. I thought that was really nice of her.


So we all went out to the backyard. I could tell Jason and Danny worked really hard on the graveyard. It was pretty far out!


They hung this spooky pirate from a tall tree. There were tombstones made out of cardboard, and broken dolls on the graves to make it look like the dead weren't "resting in peace". There was even rubber bugs on the ground.







As we walked into the yard, I saw Jason switch on his tape recorder stashed behind one of the tombstones.



Those sounds were pretty spooky! We all walked slowly through the "graveyard" so we wouldn't knock down any of the tombstones. Kim jumped when she nearly stepped on a rubber bug!







I gotta hand it to Jason and Danny...even though this whole set up was done by a couple of grade-school kids, it looked really cool. And with the spooky sounds playing, it really did almost seem like we were walking through a graveyard!  We went back inside and Danny brought out the next group.



Danny told me Wendy screamed when she bumped into the skeleton! Hahaha!





Finally Jason brought out the last group. He was a great tour guide!






Well, after the graveyard tours it was time to go home. We all thanked Jason and his dad for a dynamite time. What a groovy day! First having all that fun at school, then Trick-or-Treating, and the this super Halloween party! I don't think it gets any better than this on Halloween! I'm really full from eating so many goodies, and I have enough candy to last me a month! It's late now and I'm gonna hit the sack. I hope your Halloween in the future was just as outta site as ours was. *yawn* Happy Halloween, future readers.


Until next time,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous party! I love your costumes. I was surprised more didn't do like Chrissy and put their masks on top of their heads. My friends and I did that all the time. I was Pebbles Flintstone.

    Did you get to watch It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown? (I may have missed that post.) I look forward to it every year.

    ~Xyra, Melody's Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie brown uis awesome but at times it think his dog is a little crazy & when that happens he's well sorta Stupid.

      Delete
  2. Hi Xyra and Melody!

    It was a really super party! After Danny put his mask on his head and then tried to pull it down again, the rubber band snapped off! I think that happens at least once w/ everyone's costume every year. And yes, I did watch The Great Pumpkin with my new friend Shante'. She came over and had dinner at our house last week, and she stayed to watch The Great Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neato! I'm glad you got to watch it. Those rubberbands are always breaking and if you try to re-staple too many times your mask cracks.

      Delete
  3. I remember those plastic masks from when I was a kid. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a really fun party! One of my friends used to be really good at the apple dunk, he always got an apple. Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I tried to bob for apples and I forgot to hold my breath. I nearly choked to death! It was so embarrassing!

      Delete
  5. Hi Julie,
    In the future the candy companies make "fun size" candybars which are about 1/3 the size of a regular bar. About 48 come in a bag which makes Trick-or-treat a little more affordable. My favorite candy is Tootsie Rolls. What's yours?
    Your future friend,
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we have those here in the 70s too! They sell 'em at Woolworth. I like Nestle's Crunch Bars, 3 Muskateers, and Hershey Bars with Almonds.

      Delete
    2. I LOVE LOVE 3 Muskateers & I do like Hershey's but just the plain Coco.

      Delete