Sunday, December 11, 2016

I did it! I finally did it!

Hello future readers,

This past Friday was possibly the grooviest day of my whole life! It didn't start out that way, though. I lost my favorite pencil out of my book bag on the playground. Our team lost the relay race in gym class, and my mom forgot to buy cookies for my lunch box dessert. Then after recess was test time. The Spelling test is OK, but man, oh man, the Math test! But I had tutoring the night before with Kerry, and she says I'm really doing lots better!



Usually when I'm taking the Math test, I sit and chew on my pencil, and rub my forehead, trying to make the answers pop into my head. But this time was different. I looked at those Math problems, and I actually knew a lot of the answers!




I remembered to add on to the bigger numbers, and some of the Schoolhouse Rock songs were running around in my head. It was nice not to feel like I wanted to cry while I was taking this test.



And guess what? I only missed ONE question!



Miss LaSalle even wrote "Great Job" on top of my test paper! I felt like crying, (but the good kind of crying). Miss LaSalle let me bring the test home,  but she wanted me to bring it back to school, so she could put it on the bulletin board with the other top grades in the class. I was actually gonna get to be on the bulletin board! Outta site!



"See Boomer? I got a 95 on my test. Isn't that far out?"



"Don't you dare chew up my test paper, Boomer! I gotta take this back to school on Monday."

My mom took me to Sam's for a super-duper deluxe sundae after dinner, and then to the movies.  "It's A Wonderful Life" was playing at the movie house.



My mom was so proud of me, and I was too! It just shows what a little hard work will do. Kyle thinks that schools will get rid of tests in the future. Is that how it is for you? It would be nice not to have to take tests anymore, but it's still so cool to pass one!





Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

13 comments:

  1. That's terrific Julie! Unfortunately there are still tests in the future. And even more homework. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flo. Too bad there are still tests and homework in the future, but I bet kids have really groovy homework like inventing a new robot in their laboratories or something!

      Delete
    2. Nothing quite that exciting! Still spelling, math, history, science. That hasn't really changed.

      Delete
  2. Well done, Julie. Looks like your hard work is paying off. Yes, unfortunately there are still tests in the future. It seems to be the only way to assess how much a person is learning. It is not an totally accurate system, but nobody has come up with a better way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think class reviews (like we have every month) would be a better way to see how well kids are doing. Sometimes I think school are too hung up on grades. But I gotta admit, getting a 95 was pretty far out!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting such a good grade, Julie. It's so wonderful to have such an a amazing award for all your hard work.

    Sadly there are still tests in the future. Even kids who homeschool have to take tests, so you're not alone.

    Are you excited about Christmas coming up? What's your favorite tradition? Mine is making presents for my four sisters, two dogs and my parents.

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melodie. I love decorating the tree on Christmas Eve with my mom

      Delete
  4. Woo hooo! Well done Julie! You can be really proud of your hard work. And it's pretty exciting to finally 'get it' isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winter! It sure is! I know a lot of people look forward to Fridays , 'cos it's the start of the weekend. But it used to be the worst day of the week for me. Now it's the best!

      Delete
  5. Good job Julie, well done! Math was always hard for me too. Luckily my dad gave me extra help and I made it through. THere is nothing like the feeling of doing well on a test when it is not an easy subject for you. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda,

      My mom said she had a lot of trouble with Math too. I guess it runs in the family!

      Delete
  6. After a three-month stint in po*n, Mia Khalifa called it quits. Given her limited experience in po*n. 21 years old for wearing a hijab in a XXX scene.

    ReplyDelete