Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hanging Out With Kevin and C.J.

Hello future readers,

So today, Vivienne and I were cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast (pancakes, YUM!), when Kevin calls. He told Vivienne that him and C.J. wanted us to check out their room and see all the neat stuff the guys from Springfield sent them, (Danny, Jason, Kyle and Marc are pen pals with Kevin and C.J.) and could we come over in half an hour? Sure, why not? So Vivienne let me ride her new bike and she rode her scooter over to their house. We agreed to switch on the way back



 "So why do you think the boys wanna show us their room?", I wondered.
 "Probably to brag", Vivienne began. "I think Kevin's a little jealous since you're always coming to see me and Danny and the guys can't come to visit. Betta says Kevin and C.J. are always getting packages from your friends, so they probably just wanna show off. You know how boys are."
I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, everything always has to be a competition. Boys!"




 "My mom also thinks Kevin likes you a little", Vivienne told me. I looked at her in shock and almost ran into her! "Hey Julie, watch it!"
 "Oops sorry, Viv." Then I said, "Likes me? No way! With all the dumb jokes he's always playing on me?"
 "My mom says boys do dopey stuff like that when they like a girl, 'cos they're too young to know how to be all lovey dovey."
 "I like your mom, Vivienne, but I think she's wrong. That turkey just gets a kick out of making me look dumb."
 "You're probably right, Julie."

So we get to their house. Betta and Little G are out shopping with their mom, and their dad is out working on something in the garage. So we went upstairs to their room.










It looked like a regular boys room, (I guess.). They had superheroes lamps, bedspreads and posters. There were cars and balls, and action guys all over the place. Just the kind of place where a boy would be happy. They also had some school pictures of the guys from Springfield on the walls.




I guess that's OK. Vivienne has one of my school pictures on her night stand. Kevin showed us the toy box full of Hot Wheels stuff, and the comic book box. The guys had sent them that stuff.




Vivienne sat down on C.J.'s bed and their dog Barkley jumped up on her..



"Barkley, you bad dog", C.J. scolded.  "You know you're not allowed on our beds! Get down!"



Barkley didn't budge. So C.J. yelled, "Barkley , DOWN!!"



Barkley jumped down and started whining. He sounded just like Boomer whenever I scold him.




 I don't ever think I've ever heard C.J. yell before. Last year, Kevin had him so whipped he hardly said 2 words when Kevin was around. I guess he's finally wearing his "Big Boy Pants". Right on, C.J.!

"Hey Vivienne, wanna see my action figures?", C.J. asked her.
"OK", she answered.
C.J. pulled out Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus. I only know that 'cos Kyle has the same guys. I wonder if the guys in Springfield sent those too?




Then Kevin said to me, "Hey Julie, did you know I put a snake in Danny's bunk when I was at camp with you guys?"
"You did? Danny Never told me that."
"Probably because he was embarrassed he screamed like a girl when he saw it!"
I laughed at that. "Speaking of screaming like a girl---"
Kevin held up his hand. "Please don't remind me!"
HA!




"Remember the talent show, Kevin? You were pretty good on your guitar, and didn't even need a tape player."
"Yeah, you girls weren't too bad with your batons either. Oh hey! Danny told me his band played "A Horse With No Name", by America. That's one of my favorite songs! I've been practicing. Check me out..."

Kevin grabbed his guitar and played that song. (And don't tell Danny I said this, but I think Kevin was actually better!)





When Kevin was finished playing,  Kevin jumped up and pulled some toy ray guns off of his shelf and handed them to me and Vivienne.
"Hey girls, wanna play Space Rangers? Me and C.J. will even be the bad guys."




"Nah...we'd better be getting home for lunch", Vivienne told the boys.  "Thanks for showing us around your room, guys."
"Yeah thanks", I said. "You have a pretty cool room...well cool for boys, anyway. See you guys later."

Then Vivienne and I rode back to her house..
"So what were you and Kevin talking about when  I was playing with C.J.?"
"We were just remembering about when we went to camp, why?"
"Oh no reason. I just thought he might be asking you out for a date!" Vivienne busted out laughing!
"Vivienne Walton! If you tease me anymore about Kevin, I'm gonna pour cold water on your head when you're sleeping!"
"Calm down  I was just kdding, Julie. But you're right, I shouldn't tease you. I guess I just wanted to see what you'd say."
"I say Kevin Fleagle is a turkey!", I laughed.
"Come on, I'll race you back to my house", Vivienne said as she took off.
"When you're on a bike? No fair! Hey! Vivienne come back!" (Gotta go now future readers!)
"Come on Vivienne, wait up, will ya?"






Until tomorrow,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

7 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    I agree with Mrs. Walton.
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? Well, I don't think so. Kevin reminds me a lot of Jason, who loves to play dumb jokes on everybody. My mom says he does it to get attention. I think he does it to be annoying, just like Kevin.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes boys can be fun, but they can also be annoying! Looks like you had fun hanging out with them anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was fun, and the boys didn't brag too much.

      Delete
  3. I love the boys room. All those cool boy toys! Boys can be fun to play with if they don't rough house too much. Looks like you all had a fun time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think Danny and the other boys would really like Kevin and C.J.'s room. And I think if we had stayed to play Space Rangers, the boys probably would've gotten rough, 'cos that's just how boys are. I think it's a good thing we left when we did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a nice afternoon with Kevin and CJ. It's too bad the pups aren't allowed on the beds; that kind of spoiled the afternoon for me. :-(

    Who got to Vivienne's first?

    ReplyDelete