Saturday, March 30, 2013

I'm Julie Bunny and I'm Coming To Town!

Happy Easter, future readers!

Well, actually tomorrow is Easter Sunday, but I thought I'd get a jump on the fun! I saved up my allowance for 2 weeks to buy a bunch of chocolate Easter Bunnies!



Last night I was watching "It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown", and it gave me a groovy idea. (I hope there are still Charlie Brown TV specials in the future). Anyway, in case you don't know what it is, in the last part of the show, Snoopy (Charlie Brown's dog) delivers eggs to all of Charlie Brown's friends.  Well, I thought I could help the Easter Bunny this year by delivering chocolate bunnies to all my friends around the neighborhood! But I would have to look like a bunny, so I got out some scissors and construction paper, and got to work.



You can't be a bunny without ears! So I made myself some!


I think I did a pretty good job. I got out my purple Easter Bucket (it holds more than just a basket), and put the bunnies in it.



I was just in front of my house, when I met Stephanie, who was on her way to the store. So I gave her a chocolate bunny. She was surprised and very happy.



I walked past April and Wendy's house, and found them out on their front lawn, playing dolls.  I gave them their bunnies, and they told me how sweet I was. Awww, that was nice.



I turned the corner and kept walking. I saw Robyn in front of the candy store, about to get some gum from the gumball machine. I thought she'd rather have a chocolate bunny instead. I was right. Robyn loves anything to do with chocolate!




I went down to the playground and saw Danny riding his skateboard. I knew he'd never turn down candy. He thanked me and told me I was pretty cool, for a girl.  Haha, Thanks Danny.



I didn't see Sunny or Lisa anywhere around, so I went over to Sunny's house. She was playing Connect Four with Lisa up in her room. I gave them each a bunny. They both thought it was groovy that I was sharing goodies with them.



I had been walking a long time, and my feet were getting tired, so I went home. When I got back up to my room, I saw something sitting on my bed.





My mom poked her head in the door and told me that she was very proud of me for spending my whole allowance on my friends and giving them candy, and she decided give me an early Easter surprise! Outta site! I've said it before and I'll say it again, my mom's the grooviest!



Wherever you are, and whenever you are, I hope all of you have a really super Easter!

Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

3 comments: