Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Pool Party

Hello future readers!

Far out! Jennifer invited some of us girls over for a pool party earlier today! It must be outta site to have your very own pool in your backyard. I asked my mom once if we could have a pool, and she said I could save my allowance and buy a kiddie pool at Woolworth's! She knew that wasn't what I  meant! But on a super hot day like today, a kiddie pool would be better than nothing. It was so hot, Jennifer's family didn't even want to barbecue, so they put in an order at Sam's Snack Shack for hot dogs and hamburgers. Jennifer's mom also had lots of different kinds of soda and Oreo cookies! Yum!



We all walked over to Jennifer's together. There was me, Shante', Lisa, Robyn, Kim, and of course Jennifer. It was so hot, most of us laid out our towels and jumped right in the pool!









Shante' and Jennifer decided to cool off with a soda first.



Kim and I weren't hungry right away, but the rest of the girls sure were! We had to remind them to save some lunch for us! *giggle*











You really aren't supposed to get right back in the pool after you eat, (my mom says you can get a cramp and not be able to swim), but since Jennifer's pool isn't very deep, Mrs. Murray said it would be alright. So we all got back in. That cool water felt great! I didn't ever want to get out!









Well, future readers, that's it for my summer vacation! Even though I really like school, it's sad to say good-bye to the summer. It's really been a groovy time. I hope you all in the future had a cool summer, too. School will be starting soon. But yesterday I found out that I won't be starting school on September 14th like we all were supposed to. Why won't we be starting school on schedule? Stay tuned, future readers, and find out why!



Until next time,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

11 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I wish we could have gone to the pool, but if you check out our blog you can see why we didn't.
    I hope everything is ok with school. We started nearly a month ago, but our district starts and ends earlier then most districts.
    Looks like you had a great day and a lot of fun with friends.
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the pool party was groovy, I just wish it wasn't so hot! I hope it's not this hot when we do start school, 'cos we don't have air conditioners or fans in our classrooms!

      Delete
    2. I hope it cools down here, too. It is so hot out today.

      Melodie

      Delete
    3. Please check out my blog to see what my family, friends and I did over the weekend.
      Thanks
      Melodie

      Delete
    4. Where I live, it's been so hot that a bunch of schools got dismissed early, because the classrooms were just so hot! Has that ever happened at your school, Julie?
      The pool party sounds like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves.
      *Sunny

      Delete
    5. Wow! No, that's never happened here, and I hope it won't this year! It's bad enough school is starting as late as it is!

      Delete
    6. That would be bad. It is hot here, too. Hope that won't happen for either of you.
      Melodie

      Delete
  2. If it's as hot there as it is here, I don't blame Jennifer's mom for ordering food! Looks like a fun day though and a perfect Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was outta site! But my shoulders got a little sunburned.

      Delete
  3. Boy does that pool look refreshing! It has been so hot here and we didn't set up a pool this year! We were gone so much camping we never got around to it, oh well. Glad the girls had such a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even hotter now than when we were at camp, but the lake was cool, too...even cooler because it was deeper. But swimming in a pool is groovy, too!

      Delete