Thursday, July 14, 2016

Going To Camp Falling Waters!

Hello future readers!

Remember the letter I got from my pen pal Vivienne inviting me to come for a visit and summer day camp? I'm leaving this Sunday!



My mom got me this super groovy camp duffel bag for the trip. It even has my name on it!



At first the bag just said "Camp", but then Mom got my name put on it. Now it says "Camp Julie". Now it looks like I have a camp named after me! Isn't that silly? I'm only packing a few things, because Vivienne always wants to share clothes, 'cos when I stay with her, she says I'm her pretend sister. I think it's pretty groovy to have a sister, (even if it's only gonna be for a week!).



Even though this is a day camp, we get to go on an overnight camp-out during the week. Vivienne has an extra sleeping bag, so I don't even have to bring one. And there's gonna be a campfire cooking contest! Outta site! I can hardly wait!




Boomer has been sitting here whining, looking like the saddest little puppy in the whole world. He knows what it means when I pack a bag......that I'm going away......and he hates it when I'm gone.





                               "Aww...it'll be OK, Boomer. I'm not going away forever!"

So, future readers, my next entry will be from West Virginia! I'll fly out on Sunday at 9am, and get there by late afternoon. And this time, I'm not even a little bit nervous! Flying in an airplane is far out! (in more ways than one! *giggle*. )  It'll be good to see Vivienne and the WV gang again. (even Kevin and C.J.! No snowball sandwiches this time!). I'll be sure and write entries every day so you can see all the fun I'll be having!



Until then future readers!
Your friend,
Julie Newman

*From Julie's doll mom, Sharry:*

{{HUGS}} and special thanks to my dear friend Fawn who is sponsoring Julie's trip to West Virginia again! YAY! Fawn will be taking all the pictures you'll see of Julie's trip to Vivienne's house and Camp Falling Waters! You're the BEST, Fawn!

13 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds like so much fun, Julie. Our church is doing a musical this summer set at an arts camp (music, painting, dance type camp). I am helping with that this summer. I can't wait to see Vivienne and the gang again. Have fun and safe travels.

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like fun! I can't wait to see everyone in West Virginia too!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for you, Julie! Have a safe trip to West Virginia. I'll be looking forward to your next entry!!
    *Sunny
    P.S. You'll be glad to know that we still have airplanes in the future! Isn't it fun to fly on an airplane? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You still fly in airplanes? I thought you'd fly in little spaceships. I watch too much television! But flying in airplanes is outta site. Especially when the stewardesses are so nice.

      Delete
  3. We still have summer camps in the future. I went to church camp when I was about your age and it was fantastic!!! I know that you will have a great time, just remember, three leaves, let it be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggle* I learned what poison ivy looks like from our own Camp Echo Hill a few years ago. It's too there is still summer camp in the future too. I think everyone should go to camp at least once in their life! It's too much fun to miss out on!

      Delete
  4. Have a great time at camp, can't wait to see all the things you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,
    We can hardly wait for you to get here. I know you and Vivienne and the gang are going to have a blast.
    Hugs,
    Mrs. Walton

    P.S. Mr. Walton sends a hug too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see all of you tomorrow! I'm so excited, it's hard to sleep!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a blast, Julie! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have tons of fun Julie! I really like your bag with your name on it, very cute! So prefect for camp too.

    ReplyDelete