Monday, July 4, 2016

The 4th Of July Bike Parade

Hello future readers,

Happy 4th of July! Today the community center held a bike parade on the school playground, and I was in it! It was really far out! All day yesterday I was busy decorating my bike. 



I used lotsa ribbon, tape and construction paper. Doesn't it look groovy? I worked really hard on it. I hope I win a prize or something.









So I hopped on my bike and rode down to the playground. I was so excited!






When I got there, I saw some of the other kids with their decked out bikes. Sunny, and Jason and Kim had their bikes, Stephanie decorated her scooter, and even Danny's little cousin Michael was there with his tricycle! We were all asked to get in a line behind Wendy and April, who were gonna lead the parade twirling their batons. 





The rest of our friends were sitting in the bleachers, holding balloons, sparklers, and snacking on stuff from the concession stand.







There were all yelling and cheering as each of us went by. We all circled the playground 4 times.


                                                       "Yay April and Wendy!"



                                                          "Go little Michael!"



                                                      "Hooray for Stephanie!"



                                                        "Shine on, Sunny!"



                                                           "Woo-hoo Julie!



                                                         "Yippee! Go Kim!"



                                                       "Go, Jason, go!"

(Jason tried to ride with no hands, and almost lost control of his bike! Luckily he grabbed the handlebars just in time!)



It was so much fun! After it was over, everyone got a medal! My mom took my picture with mine.




It looks a lot like the medal I got in summer camp last year for the talent show. I'm glad all the kids got a medal, 'cos all their bikes were outta site too. I was pretty hungry, so I got some food from the concession stand and hung out with my friends a while. I hope kids still ride their bikes and have parades in the future. It was a great way to spend the 4th of July. I gotta go now, future readers. My mom and I are going to Springfield Park to watch the fireworks!




Until next time,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

18 comments:

  1. What a fun parade, your bike looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flo! It was fun decorating my bike, and the parade was outta site!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. It looked like you had a lot of fun. One summer I competed in a bike decorating contest. I didn't win, but I had a lot of fun.

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so they do have bike parades in the future! Cool! I bet your bike looked great!

      Delete
    2. I actually decorated my scooter. I have never learned to ride a bike because there are too many hills where I live. I have always wanted to learn, though.

      What do you like to do in the summer? I love to read and sew.

      Melodie

      Delete
    3. Learning to ride a bike is kinda hard, but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun! Maybe you can find someplace flat like a school playground or an empty parking lot to practice on.

      *From Julie's doll mom:*

      Melodie, we love that you are such a fan of Julie's time capsule. Remember, if you have other questions, you can always send Julie a letter, (an e-mail). Just click on "My Mom's Page" for the e-mail link. Julie would really love to hear from you!

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. Hi Julie,
    What a great way to celebrate July 4th! Everybody looked like they were having a blast! Love April and Wendy's striped tube socks. I'll bet they got those at Woolworths.
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fawn,

      We all had a groovy time! Even Jason, the big show-off! I'm glad he didn't crash his bike! ('cos I know what that feels like!) Woolworth's and Conway's Department store both have those far out striped socks, so I'm not sure where April and Wendy got them.

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie Ann. We don't have any boys living in our neighborhood, so we girls had our own parade. We all dressed in red, white and blue and carried American Flags. Our parade was led by our baton twirlers, Samantha and Felicity. Following them, two of the girls were on bicycles, others walked and bringing up the rear were horses. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great parade and activity for celebrating Independence Day! Looks like it was bright and sunny too. Our day was overcast and it started raining off and on, but not enough to stop the fireworks. We could hear them boom from our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did get kinda cloudy at the end of the day. And it cooled off too, (I had to wear a jacket and jeans to Springfield Park to watch the fireworks). But I'm glad it was sunny for the bike parade.

      Delete
    2. Longsleeves here, but still shorts. 70s and humid.

      Delete
  6. Happy Independence Day Julie! I love how you decorated your bike, all the kids did such a great job! I love parades and your parade was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! It was so much fun! I hope you and your gang had fun on the 4th of July too!

      Delete