Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Snowflake in the Fall

Hello future readers!

Today after school I went over to Stephanie and Melody's house to play dolls. Was I surprised when I walked into their room! Those two sneaks had been keeping a secret from me! They got a new dog!



Stephanie said their dog's name is Snowflake, because she's so white and fluffy. They've had her for about a week now. Boy, are they ever good about keeping their mouths shut!


Melody told me that Snowflake goes to obedience training while we're in school. It's kinda like a doggie day camp! HAHAHA! That way, Snowflake can learn to be a good dog, and not tear up the girls' room while they're not home.



She's such a pretty pooch! I'll bet Boomer will be happy to have a new friend to play with!


Stephanie's mom fixed us a snack. Piggies in a Blanket! Outta site! In case you don't know what Piggies in a Blanket are, they're little mini hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough and baked in the oven.  They're so yummy!





Stephanie wanted to feed Snowflake one, but Melody reminded her that the vet said she should stick to her diet of puppy food until she gets a little older. Sometimes people food can hurt puppies tummies. I remember that from when I first got Boomer.


After we ate, Melody suggested we listen to records. But nobody was just gonna listen. We had to get up and dance!





After we were pooped out from dancing, we played with our dolls. Stephanie has a pretty doll named Ruthie in a sparkly pink dress, and Melody has a cute doll named Molly in a pink checkered dress. She even wears glasses! I was glad I brought JuJu along.





It was fun playing with Stephanie and Melody, and I just love their room! It reminds me of my room, 'cos of all the posters. I wonder what it's like to share a room with someone. I've had friends come to spend the night, and I've slept with girls at camp. But then when my friends leave or I come home, I'm on my own again. It must be nice to always have somebody to have pillow fights with, and share secrets with or snuggle together when you're scared of thunderstorms. I don't mind being an only child, but when I visit friends who have sisters or cousins who live with them, it just starts me thinking, y'know? Do brothers and sisters still share rooms in the future? Do you still have bunk beds? Do you still have pillow fights? I hope so, And even though I don't have any brothers or sisters, (just my funny little dog), it's nice that I can go to my friend's houses, and feel like a sister for just a little while.




Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    First I want to say that I love your polka-dot pants! Yes, we share rooms, have bunk beds and enjoy pillow fights in the future. Nowadays, very few of us have feather pillows because they are very expensive. Most pillows are filled with a synthetic fluff called fiber fill. So now we don't have to worry about feathers flying through the air when pillows get torn in fights. BTW, Piggies in a Blanket are still a favorite snack. I'm happy to say, some things never change.
    Your future friend,
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far out! It's nice to know some things will be the same for kids in the future. Thanks Fawn!

      Delete
  2. My girls just got a new puppy here too that looks like Snowflake--I wonder if maybe they are from the same litter? I need to get busy and make ours a bed and a collar and leash to make things easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggle* That would be a neat trick since you're from the future, but I bet they're the same breed!

      Delete
  3. Hee hee, didn't think about that! Maybe Snowflake is an ancestor of our puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Unless they are hunting dogs, dogs are horrid. Did you know that Koreans eat doggie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww! That's really gross! And dogs are NOT horrid. My dog Boomer is the greatest and so are all my friends' dogs! I''m gonna have to ask you that if you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything.

      Delete
    2. K. Dogs are not my favorite animal. I like horses better. Thats just my opinion. I do know one thing for sure: don't get a pitbull they are nown to often be naturally vicious so do yourself a favor and unless you want a watchdog , when/if you get a new dog soon don't get a pitbull. I'm not some random person who does not know anything about dogs. My aunts have had and have dogs. One of the aunts , the dog got vicious at her 4 year old daughter and bit her so he had to go. Bye bye.this year my other aunt got new dogs. For her 2 dogs one over 14 years old, have died in the last 7 mounths. So my advice is if your Friend Stephinie's dog becomes vicious like my aunts dog did, send the dog back to the place ya got it and get a new dog. Your friends dog probably not gonna get vicious thiugh and thats good.

      Delete
  5. Hi! Snowflake is adorable! Well trained dogs (of all breeds) are quite loving. We love puppy kisses. Of course, Xyra tends to favor kitties, so we have quite a few of both. :)
    Pigs in a blanket are wonderful! But you are absolutely correct...the spices used in making hot dogs are toxic to dogs and cats. Even if the effect is not immediate too much results in kidney damage, disease, and failure. So read your human food labels, if you see garlic or onion - keep it away from Boomer and Snowflake. A few other toxic foods are grapes, raisin, currants, coffee, and chocolate. When in doubt, just keep the human food for humans. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes yes yes I live with my sisters they are fun some time but not when they start talking or cry in the middle of the night. it makes it so hard to sleep. Oh yes we still have bunk beds in the future.

    ReplyDelete