Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Bedtime At Camp

Hello future readers,

Well the first day of camp was really exciting, finding out about all those groovy activities we were gonna do. I guess the counselors decided not to really plan anything for the first day, because we were gonna be so busy for the next 2 weeks. So we just sorta hung around the Rec Hall, played some tag out on the main field near the dining hall, and talked about the Talent Show and the Olympics. Then we had dinner and played cards in the Rec Hall until bedtime.

Now if any of you future readers have read my camp entries before, you know that there's only one thing I really don't like about camp...the bathroom! This year, I'm in the Yellow Canaries cabin, which is the farthest one from the bathroom! Each cabin has 20 minutes in the bathroom every morning and every night to brush our teeth, use the toilets, and wash up if we need to. Each cabin also gets 2 assigned days for showers each week. The Red Robins go first, then the Blue Jays, and last the Yellow Canaries. If we have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, we have to get a bathroom "buddy" to walk to the bathroom with us. This is what the bathroom looks like:





There's one huge sink, a dinky mirror, 3 toilets (with no stalls and no privacy!), and one shower. So when it was finally the Yellow Canaries turn in the bathroom, Lisa and I walked down the path together. (We were bathroom buddies). Raychel and Shante' were still getting their jammies on.



We were the first ones at the sink to brush our teeth. Shante' and Raychel finally got there and had to wait for us to finish.











Since we don't like using the bathroom in front of each other, we all agree to wait outside as each person takes their turn. Then we walk back to our cabin. Each night we get half an hour to mess around before lights out.



Shante' likes to brush her hair before she goes to bed.



Raychel was reading the latest issue of "Tiger Beat". (I hope she lets me borrow it when she's finished!)



Lisa brought her "Connect Four" game along to keep in the cabin. We sit up on my bunk and play a few games.



*YAWN* I'm getting kinda sleepy, future readers. Next time, I'll tell ya about what I'm gonna do for the talent show, (I should know by then), and maybe what some of my other friends are doing too!

Until then, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

11 comments:

  1. I hope you all got a good nights sleep, it sounds like it's going to be a busy two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did..but Shante' snores! It was like sleeping with a buzzsaw!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you are going to have lots of fun. I can't wait to see more about what you get to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we were at summer camp, but school has started for us. I love your cabins. They look really cool.

      Delete
  3. Hi Julie,
    The camp bathroom is "bare bones" for sure. Toilets without stalls is the pits. It is kind of you to respect eachothers privacy by waiting outside.
    Sleep tight girls. Try not to dream about Three Finger Willy!
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, our camp bathroom is the pits, but it sure beats squatting in the woods! Three Finger Willy! AHHHHH! I'm kinda glad we don't have the backpacking trip this year. No telling what those sneaky boys might do!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is a bare bones bathroom, but you never know what you'll find at camp. It all makes great memories, right? BTW I love Shante's jammies, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I thought I'd show people who have never been to summer camp before what I keep complaining about every year. My mom said that the bathrooms at camp were just as bad when she was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At my camp each cabin has there own shower and two sinks and two toilet stalls. It's a really nice Christian camp. I went a few weeks ago and had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're lucky! I wish all the cabins at Camp Echo Hill had their own bathrooms! It's groovy that you had a good time.

      Delete