Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Pen Pal

Hello future readers!

Yesterday, Sunny and I were in my room, spending a lazy Saturday listening to records and eating Jiffy Pop.







There's a knock at my bedroom door. I say "come in" thinking it's my mom, and Danny, Jason, Kyle and another boy I've never seen walk into my room.









We all said Hi, and then Danny explains that the new boy is their pen pal from West Virginia named Kevin. Danny started writing to him first, as an assignment in Mrs. Johnson's class. Then Jason joined in. And even Kyle sent him a letter. Kevin came here to go to Camp Wilderness with the boys.



Wow, all the way from West Virginia to go to camp? Far out! Boomer sniffed at him and Kevin patted his head. Well, if my dog likes him, he's OK by me!



So Sunny and I shook hands with Kevin and introduced ourselves. We told him that we'd be at the girls' camp, Camp Echo Hill, across the lake from the boys' camp. He just said "Cool." I think he's kinda shy.




Then Jason said that they were going skateboarding, and asked Sunny if Kevin could borrow her skateboard. Kevin promised he'd take good care of it, so Sunny said it was alright. So the boys walked out, and Sunny said she'd be back after she went to her house to get her skateboard.


Wow, that must be pretty great to have a pen pal and actually getting to meet them! I've never had a pen pal before. Maybe I should get one.


Yikes! Camp starts the day after tomorrow and I'm not even packed yet! But at least it'll be easy this year, 'cos it's my 3rd time going to Camp Echo Hill! I can hardly wait! So future readers, my next entry will be from camp! Gotta go now, I gotta stop my puppy from eating the popcorn! Boomer!



Until then, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

*A note from Julie's doll mom, Sharry:*

A special thank you and a big {{HUG}} to my friend Fawn for sending Kevin to us all the way from West Virginia so he could go to camp with the boys! THANK YOU FAWN!

20 comments:

  1. Have fun at camp, Julie! And Kevin seems like a nice guy. I'm glad the boys will be able to go to camp with their pen pal!
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny. Yeah, Kevin does seem like a nice guy. I would hear the guys talking about his letters out on the playground. They'd get postcards and gifts, too. I bet Kevin will dig camp. Stay tuned 'cos I'll be posting all our camp adventures. The boys will be doing some activities with us, so it should really be a groove!

      Delete
  2. How fun! He'll have a great time at camp, I hope everyone does. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gonna be outta site! I just hope Kevin isn't a practical joker, and plays dirty tricks like that "Three Finger Willy" jazz last year.

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun. Can't wait to see about your camp.

    Please check out my blog!

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camp is always super groovy! I just know we're gonna have a ball!

      Delete
    2. Cool. I can't wait to see all about what you do.

      Melodie

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie l know Kevin will love camp. He has been looking forward to it all summer. Kevin's sister Vivienne says she would love to be your pen pal if you like. Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fawn!

      I think Kevin will have a dynamite time, that is, is the boys behave themselves this year! I think Danny and Jason filled him in on the Three Finger Willy jazz from last year, so hopefully they won't play any tricks on us. And tell Vivienne I'd love to be her pen pal!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Oops Julie, what I meant to say was"Kevin's sister's friend, Vivienne". Kevin's sister Betta met Vivienne at day camp this summer and they became fast friends. Vivienne will be excited to hear she is going to be a pen pal. Fawn

      Delete
  5. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    Sorry future readers, the reply button got stuck! Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for the Grateful Blogger Tag http://agatticgirls.blogspot.com/2015/08/grateful-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *From Julie's doll mom:*

      Thanks! That was so sweet of you!

      Delete
  7. I love Sunny's rainbow socks! I think I used to have some of those too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything to do with rainbows! They're so colorful and groovy!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete