Sunday, August 31, 2014

Movie Night/Good-Bye Camp Echo Hill

Hello future readers!

Well, it's our last night of camp. It seems like these past 2 weeks went by so fast! Didn't we just get here yesterday? *giggle* I'm really gonna miss camp, but I know there's always next year. And I don't have to say good-bye to any of my friends this time, because we're all going back to Springfield to start school in a couple of weeks.

All 3 cabins gathered in the Rec Hall to watch a movie. Kerry set up the projector. Tonight's feature: "The Merry Men: A Robin Hood Story".





All of us were rapping and waiting for Jason and Danny to get here. Since they lost the raft race, they were bringing cookies for us to snack on while we watch the movie. They were staying to watch along with us, too.


Finally the boys showed up with a big box of cookies. The cook over at Camp Wilderness helped them make 4 different kinds! Chocolate, peanut butter, coconut macaroon and sugar cookies! Dynamite!





So we passed around some Jiffy Pop and the cookies and settled down to watch the movie.
















Man, but those cookies were good! Kerry had to keep Cheryl from eating the whole box! The movie was kinda corny, but we all still liked it and laughed a lot. We all had lotsa fun here at camp. We laughed, we raced, we ate, we fought, we swam, we hiked and we got the bejeebies scared out of us! HA-HA! Even Kim is gonna miss this place. It will be good to get home to our families, pets and our own beds! So the next entry, future readers will be from home. Good-bye Camp Echo Hill, and Hello Springfield!

Until then, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman


9 comments:

  1. It has been a fun two weeks!
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been outta site, but I really miss my mom and Boomer...and my bed...and my records...and my toys...and staring into the dreamy face of David Cassidy....*sigh*. It'll be good to be home.

      Delete
    2. Hey! Are you related ti Jarod Newman, the country singer?

      Delete
  2. Can I take a guess you were born in the 70's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I was born in 1966 and it's now 1975, which makes me 9 years old. If you go way back to the first page of this diary, you'll see why I started this time capsule.

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Cool photo story! You have a cute blog! Can you please check out mine?! Click on my name to go to it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they were really good! The cook at the boys camp really knows her stuff!

      Delete