Monday, August 28, 2017

Let's Go Fishing

Um...uh...hey there future readers,

This is Danny Campbell and Kyle Lewis. It's 6 o'clock in the morning. The reason we're both up so early is so we can do one of our favorite things to do in Camp Wilderness. Go fishing!






"Hey Danny, did you know that some people think fishing is boring?"
"Really? Well that's not true at all!  It's true fishing isn't as exciting as baseball or football, but fishing gives you a chance to relax, rap and get to know your buddy better."





"That's right, Danny. And besides reeling in a whopper takes a lot of skill. I've seen my Uncle Walter do it lotsa times! Man is he ever a good fisherman!"
"Anyway, we're gonna take the double raft out and find a good fishing spot."












"So how do you know what a good spot is, Danny?"




"I dunno...my dad says that you can just feel it...and I'm starting to feel it. Let's fish right here."






So we dropped the mini anchor and sat there for almost an hour. We rapped about school starting soon, our dads, and how we got stuck in a town with so many girls!  (Don't tell Julie, but we think they're cool anyway).





It seemed like forever, but I finally got a bite!  I reeled him in slow and easy the way my dad taught me.





 "Quick Kyle! Get the net!"
"But I'm still fishing Danny!"
"You're not gonna catch anything in the next couple of minutes! C'mon! Help me out before he gets away!"








"Far out! Isn't he a beauty?"
"I hope I have good luck like you, Danny...wait a minute...there's something tugging on my line!"
"Easy Kyle, don't reel him in too fast!"
"I got him!"



"Hold your pole tight, Kyle, I'll grab the net!"



"Wow Kyle, that's a super catch! He's as groovy as my fish!"





After a while, it was time to go back to shore. That's OK, we each caught a fish!





"The Explorers are gonna eat like Kings tonight, Kyle!"

"And how! I'll bet even Shorty (our camp cook) will be surprised too!'





So long, future readers!
~Danny Campbell & Kyle Lewis





11 comments:

  1. Nice haul, Danny and Kyle! So, how were they?
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Danny. Shorty fried the fish for us and man were they good! (licking lips)

      Delete
  2. Nice catch, fellas! I hope the cook knew what to do to prepare the fish. Was it cooked in the kitchen or over the fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our camp cook, Shorty, fried them up in the camp kitchen. Marc and Jason kept asking us why we didn't catch more, 'cos they tasted so good!

      Delete
    2. Glad there was enough to share! Maybe that will be your new camp job - catching fresh fish for dinner.

      Delete
    3. Danny here...Nah. who needs that kind of job? If you didn't get a bite all day, your whole cabin would hate you. 'cos they would have to eat stupid beans for dinner.

      Delete
  3. Amazing job boys! Camp sure seem like lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete