Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Explorers Go Swimming

How ya doin' future readers!

Hi, I'm Marcus (but everyone calls me Marc). The other guys are on their way here, but I ran ahead so I could be the one to tell you about our activity today.  We're going to take a swim in the lake!





I think I'll spread out my towel while I'm waiting for the guys to get here.





"Hey Marc! What did you run off like that for?"





"Who me? I just wanted to be the one to tell Julie's future readers about what we were doing today."





"Oh is that all? We thought we had cooties or something."





"You guys might as well sit down We gotta wait for Doug anyway."





We started rapping about the dance and stuff when Doug walks up and says, "All right men, let's hit the water!"

Something you gotta know about Doug.....he's on the high school swim team. He told us we had to earn our free time in the lake.  He made us swim out past the platform to the deep part of the lake. Then he told us we had to swim laps for 5 minutes! Can you believe that?  So that's what we did; up  and back to both markers for 5 minutes straight! Dang! We were almost too tired to swim after that!

















Whew! The other guys might be used to this, but I sure wasn't! Anyway, we finally swam back to the platform and had some fun!










"Watch me dive, guys! Woo-Hoo!"









Danny's a pretty good swimmer, and Kyle told me he likes to surf. Maybe I'll get him to teach me one of these days.






Well, Julie's readers, that's pretty much it! Except that all that swimming made us so hungry that we stuffed ourselves with hot dogs when we came back for lunch!  Be cool! Stay in school! Keep it light and be Dyn-o-mite!







Your friend,
Marc Ellerbee

10 comments:

  1. Hi Marc,
    Nice to meet you! It is good to swim laps in the morning before it gets too hot outside. Then in the afternoon you can goof around and just have fun in the water. Do you have a tire swing at Camp Wilderness for jumping in the lake?
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fawn, this is Narc. Nah, we don't have a tire swing, but I wish we did. Even a rope swing would be cool!

      Delete
    2. Aw man...Narc? I guess I should learn to write better, huh? MARC!!

      Delete
  2. Now you know why swimming is such good exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Flo, Marc here...y'know, before I met Doug, I never really thought of swimming as exercise. To me it was just something fun to keep you cool in the summer.

      Delete
  3. Nothing made me hungrier when I was a kid than swimming! It is such great exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Marc. Yeah, especially when you have to swim laps first!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great day! Swimming is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The free swimming time as fun, but the laps? NO WAY!

      Delete